HELPING PROVIDE A SMOOTH TRANSITION FROM THE HOSPTIAL TO THE HOME
Our Transition of Care Program provides the opportunity to extend your care into the home by offering support to patients post-hospital discharge – improving care coordination and reducing readmissions.
Transition of Care Program Collaboration
Our Transition of Care Program helps patients who have been admitted to the hospital and have a strong likelihood of a hospital readmission based on diagnoses, co-morbidities and functional health status. We work together to identify admissions and discharges from any acute, observation, long-term acute care (LTAC) hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF) so our team can deliver an in-home visit post-discharge.
Our clinicians communicate directly with your office to help ensure care coordination needs are addressed to keep patients safe and stable in in their homes – and out of the hospital.
Our team will:
- Perform an in-home visit within five days of discharge notification
- Review hospital discharge information and educate the member and caretakers
- Complete a full medication reconciliation
- Identify and address durable medical equipment (DME) and social determinant needs
- Assess and initiate care coordination for identified needs
- Communicate with, and deliver the home visit summary to you and the member’s PCP
- Complete a follow-up (in-home visit or telephonic depending on need)